Forum Assignment for the Week: 750 Words minimum
Shafritz & Hyde Classics of Public Administration. (2017). Cengage Learning.
Students will conduct a case study of an observed study in a public administration context. The analysis will be based upon the concepts you learned and discussed in the previous module’s essay assignment, writing 750-800 words in the initial thread. For the case study, students are welcome to cite a scholarly source, but if they do, it must not be merely a theoretical/philosophical discussion. Instead, whatever source is used for the actual case study must focus on a real-world public administration situation that is being discussed and analyzed in the chosen article. Students will in turn apply concepts discussed in the previous module/week’s essay to analyze the situation, in addition to the required reading and presentations from the current module/week. Remember: it will be important to do both!
For this week’s Forum, respond to all of the following:
- Evaluate the current moral, philosophical and worldview influences in a specific, researched public administration case study. Whatever source is used for the actual case study must focus on a real-world public administration situation that is being discussed and analyzed in the chosen article.
- Explain how these challenges impact ethics, statesmanship and governance of public administrators.
- Remember to synthesize your research and findings with the required readings and presentations for this week and a Biblical/covenantal model of statesmanship, leadership and organizational behavior.
Sources & citations required (APA 7th edition)
- Ideas and citations from all the required reading and presentations from the Module/Week
- Ideas and citations from two scholarly sources
- Case study of a real public administration situation related to the concepts discussed in the prior week.
General Instructions Applicable to All Forums:
To receive 100% as a grade (the exemplary level) for the weekly forums, you should ensure that your responses meet the following criterion:
Critical Analysis – Discussion postings display an excellent understanding of the required readings and underlying concepts including correct use of terminology. Postings are made in time for others to read and respond as well as deliver information that is full of thought, insight, and analysis. The information presented makes connection to previous or current content or to real-life situations, and must contain rich and fully developed new ideas, connections, or applications. (It is important that you integrate the weekly readings in your response. One way to do that is to make position statements, then discuss supporting evidence (i.e. research and/or personal experience).
Professional Communication and Etiquette – Written interactions in the Forum show respect and sensitivity to peers’ background and beliefs (Regardless of the position you are taking, please ensure that your participation comments are respectful to your peers’ background and beliefs).
Writing Skills – Written responses are free of grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors. The style of writing facilitates communication. (Make sure your work is free of errors. If there are any errors as outlined above, you will not receive 100% for the forum).