Corporate Governance and Ethics
Consider the roles of government, shareholders, the board of directors, and management in your answers to the following questions:
- What is the primary function and ethical responsibility of each of the above-mentioned roles in corporate governance?
- What is the primary function and ethical responsibility of each of the above-mentioned roles toward society?
- To what extent are your answers to each of these questions congruent and aligned? In other words, to what extent are your answers to these consistent and reasonable, and in what ways are these roles and ethical responsibilities tied to each other?
Factors Influencing Capital Structure
Based upon the readings in this unit and your understanding of capital markets, discuss the following questions:
- What difference is there between investors and the general public?
- What role do investors play in the evolution of capital markets?
- What role do financial institutions play in the capital markets?
- What role do governments play in the capital markets?
- What are the primary factors that influence decisions regarding the capital structure of corporations?
- How do these factors change over time?
- What markets do we refer to with the term “capital markets”?