Week 6 – Classism Assignment
Choose a topic below and discuss how class played a role in the conflict.
- Communist Revolution (1900-1925)
- Cuban Revolution (1953-1959)
- Struggle of the Orders Plebeians vs Patricians – Ancient Rome (500 BCE – 200 BCE)
- Spartacus Rebellion (73 – 71 BCE)
- Ciompi Rebellion – Florence, Italy (1378 – 1382)
- The Peasant’s Revolt – England (1381)
- Jacquerie – France – (1358)
- French Revolution (1789-1814)
- English Civil War (1642-1651)
- Hungarian Revolution (1956)
- Any of your choosing with professor approval
Answer the following questions in numerical format (#1-6). 2-3 pages. MLA format. 12 Font Times New Roman only.
All work must be properly cited and unless otherwise noted; do not include pure opinion.
- Outline the basic history of the event(s). You can use a timeline or write it out.
- Write a brief description of what class(es) are involved in your chosen topic.
- What factors besides class contributed to your conflict?
- How did the cultures ideal, values, attitudes and beliefs change or return to tradition during and after the conflict?
- How did the people involved in your conflict perceive class? Has that changed or stayed the same in that culture?
- In what way did your class struggle influence modern American life and concepts of class?