Computer Science homework help.
- 1. Current time stamps in 1 second intervals
- 2. Real-time Traffic light display for three major intersections
- 3. X, Y positions and speed of up to 3 cars as they traverse each of the 3 intersections
Some of the details of the simulation are up to you but the following guidelines will set the guardrails:
- 1. The components listed above should run in separate threads.
- 2. Loop through the simulation with button(s) providing the ability to start, pause, stop and continue the simulation.
- 3. You will need to use basic distance formulas such as distance = Speed * time. Be sure to be consistent and define your units of measure (e.g. mile/hour, versus km/hour)
- 4. Assume a straight distance between each traffic light of 1000 meters.
- 5. Since you are traveling a straight line, you can assume Y = 0 for your X,Y positions.
- 6. Provide the ability to add more cars and intersections to the simulation through the GUI.
- 7. Don’t worry about physics. Assume cars will stop on a dime for red lights, and continue through yellow lights and green lights.
- 8. Document all assumptions and limitations of your simulation.