MIS 1903 (CBA) Assessment
Scenario: You are applying for a job. This particular employer has a special task for job applicants that they use to identify those who have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Using your own words (no quoting/copy/pasting from other sources), write a cover letter for your potential employer using the prompts below to show your knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Type your answers in a Word document, using the following APA style requirements: New Times Roman, 12 point, double spaced, with 1 inch margins on each side.
- Use full sentences when answering all prompts. Proper grammar and spelling are expected. Remember: first impressions are very important.
- Put your six digit student ID# in a header at the top of the document and also at the end of the name the Word file name: Gen Ed MIS 1903 FA19 ID123456.docx. Do not put your name on this assignment – only your ID#.
Introductory paragraph: Answer the following to provide a starting point to your cover letter.
- Name the job you are applying for (this is up to you, but choose something realistic).
Body: For each of the four programs you have learned this semester — Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint — write one paragraph for each program which answers all of the following:
- Identify each program and describe what it is normally used for.
- Name at least two positive attributes of this program and explain why they are positive.
- Explain how this program is useful for either educational or business purposes.
Concluding paragraph: Answer the following to wrap up your cover letter.
- Name the career you are currently working toward as a college student and how it relates to the job you are applying for.
- Name the program (or two) you expect to use the most in your future career.
- Name two specific tasks you expect to use that program for in your future career.
- Explain why the particular program(s) is/are best suited for the expected career tasks.
You will submit through Blackboard (no emails).