Computer Science homework help. The security of Smartphones is the focus for the First Research Paper. Deliverables for First Research Paper
- Clearly identify the Mobile Device you own and are researching
- What vulnerabilities are common to the Mobile Device?
- What security practices can users follow to minimize these vulnerabilities?
- Why does the Mobile Device need to be secured?
- What vulnerabilities are present with public Wi-Fi?
- Clearly identify how cryptography can be used to establish secure remote connections
- With Mobile Devices using the Internet (an insecure communication channel)
- To your workplace and school
- To your bank to check balances, pay bills, and make other transfers
- For ecommerce
- Health data
- How can email can be done securely using encryption with
- Open Source Pretty Good Privacy (PGP)
- Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension (S/MIME).
- How can Text messages be secured?
As you are doing research and writing your paper, think about the following
- How can cryptography can be used to facilitate security?
- How is it implemented?
- How can the security of Mobile Devices be improved (future directions)?
Format for the Research Paper
- Research Paper is to be at 4-6 content pages (submitted in Microsoft Word
- .docx format or PDF format)
- One (1) page Summary about the enhancing security of the Mobile Device and how to make remote connections more secure and less vulnerable
- Three (3) to five (5) pages about what you discovered through your research
- At least three (5) academic and/or professional quality references (not Wikipedia or Vendor’s White Papers)
- One (1) page reference (APA format)
- In text citations corresponding to your references (APA format)
Please be sure to submit work that is a result of your own effort: plagiarism is unacceptable – for more details, please see the Academic Integrity Policy in the Syllabus section.