Submit a 4-5 page paper answering all questions below. It is also expected that you conduct research outside of the textbook. Your paper should not be full of direct quotes. Please use your own words and/or paraphrase and provide a supporting citation.
This assignment is worth 150 points.
- Probation and Parole:
- What is probation? How it is enforced?
- What is parole? How is it enforced?
- Discuss the similarities of probation and parole
- Discuss the differences of probation and parole
- In your opinion what are the benefits of probation and parole. Please explain and provide support for your rationale.
- Special Populations:
- Discuss how to reduce the amount of disparity and discrimination against minorities in corrections. What are the likely barriers to accomplishing these changes?
- Do you think restorative justice is workable? In what circumstances would it not be? Why?
The paper will be typed double spaced in Arial using 12-point font with 1” margins in APA format. Save your paper as a .doc with your name and the assignment name in the file, using Last Name_Assignment. So, if your name were Alicia Jackson, and this is Essay 1, you would title it Jackson_Paper 1.