Assignment OverviewUnit 3 – Individual ProjectASSIGNMENT DESCRIPTIONDeliverable Length:
Select 1 of the following Bipolar and related disorders:
- Bipolar I Disorder
- Bipolar II Disorder
- Cyclothymic Disorder
Provide the following details about the disorder:
- Discuss the history of the disorder. When did it officially become a disorder? What changes to the criteria or treatment of this disorder have occurred since it’s become a DSM diagnosis?
- What are some of the symptoms?
What would this disorder look like in person? Make sure you relate this back to the DSM criteria.
- Prevalence in the U.S. population
- Your perception of potential impact on workplace performance
- Discuss one type of treatment approach that has been shown to be successful in treating the disorder you selected.
- Long-term prognosis (i.e., can it get better?)
Provide 1-2 sources (other than your textbook) cited in APA style to support your answer.
You may also research the psychological disorders, by reviewing an electronic version of the DSM-5 in CTU’s library. For more information on accessing the DSM-5 in the library please review How to Access DSM-5 and/or watch this video.
The materials found in the MUSE may help you with this assignment such as the audio file Introduction to Mood Disorders.
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Click on the following link to access additional Unit 3 PSYC337 learning resources available within CTU’s Learning Center: https://careered.libguides.com/ctu/psychology/psyc337