Economics homework help. Assignment Details
As an employee of a company that is considering investing in a foreign economy, you have been asked to research a country and make a presentation to your colleagues about an area of economic concern in the country.
- Select a country in Africa, Asia, or Latin America to research.
- Select 1 of the following economic concerns to research:
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
- Quantities of specific goods and services
- Exports and imports
- Research data sets for the one economic concern within the country that you have chosen.
- Prepare 1 presentation consisting of 10-12 Power Point slides and answer the following questions:
- What are 2–3 relationships between the economic concern you selected and that specific country’s economy?
- Support your discussion of the trends with statistical evidence.
- Use graphs and/or data tables of the variables you chose in the discussion.
- What trends do you see in the data sets? Please explain.
- Cite all of your sources and include a reference list
Your research and slides will form the basis for your Unit 8 Submission Assignment paper, so please be sure to be careful and thorough in your research.
Present your information, with appropriate pictures/graphics, in a PowerPoint presentation. The main topics or bullet points should appear on the slides with supporting visuals, while the Speaker Notes area (the box located at the bottom of each slide which allows you to type in notes) should be used to go into more depth regarding these main topics. Make sure the notes include information from the sources you have discovered in your research. This is very important element of your assignments as it will provide both you and your audience with supporting explanations that the bullet posts simply can’t convey.
Your presentation should consist of a minimum of 12 slides of content, and the following: a title slide, an introductory slide, a conclusions slide, and a references slide.
Use the following resources for assistance:
- Access the template provided, or create your own slideshow following the requirements listed above.
- Refer to the Microsoft Office website for assistance with PowerPoint: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Basic-tasks-for-creating-a-PowerPoint-presentation-efbbc1cd-c5f1-4264-b48e-c8a7b0334e36.
- The Smarthinking resource is also available to assist in the basics of the PowerPoint tool.
Use at least two sources when researching information to support your argument. Remember to use credible, current sources to support your presentation. Use APA reference and citation format for the sources that you use. Place citations on the relevant slides with one or two slides at the end for your reference list.
Grading CriteriaProficient DescriptorPointsIdentifies country and economic concern• Identifies the selected country in Africa, Asia, or Latin America
• Identifies one economic concern within the target country; such as gross domestic product (GDP), unemployment, inflation, quantities of specific goods and services, or exports and imports 10Economic Concern• Describes the economic concern that is occurring in the target country. (10 points)
• Discusses 2-3 relationships between the economic concern and the target country’s economy. (20 points)
• Utilizes graphs and/or data tables from credible sources to document the economic concern. (10 points)
• Includes speaker notes that provide details on the economic concern and the relationships between the economic concern and the country’s economy (20 points) 60Interpretation and Analysis• Explains trends noted in the data sets regarding the economic concern. (20 points)
• Uses graphs, tables and statistical evidence to present economic data (10 points)
• Includes speaker notes that provide details on the economic concern and the relationships between the economic concern and the country’s economy (20 points) 50Presentation Layout• Presentation consists of 10 – 12 slides.
• Sequences information logically with smooth transitions to connect key points.
• Applies tone, style, examples, and vocabulary relevant to the intended audience.
• Uses design elements to reinforce main points and to maximize audience understanding, including: graphics, multimedia, color, text font, adequate spacing, headings, and subheadings. 10Credibility• Utilizes credible information sources (a minimum of 2).
• Information sources are clearly identified and properly cited and referenced using APA Style. Citations appear on the relevant slides with one or two slides at the end for the reference list. 10Grammar & Mechanics• Presentation is clear, well-articulated, and free from grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors. 10Total 150