That can be used to mentor new teachers and/or to present to colleagues. Discuss inquiry-based learning and explore methods to facilitate investigation, exploration, and discovery of scientific concepts.
Include the following in the presentation:
- Overview of state science standards appropriate for pre-K and K-3, including a link to the online listing of standards for your state. I live in Georgia.
- Description of three basic scientific processes that would encourage early childhood students to understand, question. and analyze science content
- At least 2-3 developmentally appropriate instructional methods that can be used to engage all students in science instruction and activate prior knowledge
- Minimum of 2-3 developmentally appropriate instructional resources that can be used to engage all students in science instruction and activate prior knowledge
- Title slide, detailed presenter notes, and a reference slide
Use 3-5 scholarly sources and supporting details as needed and where appropriate.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.