Education homework help.
In this assignment, practice developing ELA instruction that is appropriate for the students described in the “Class Profile” by designing a comprehensive ELA unit plan using the “5-Day Unit Plan Template.”
Part 1: Unit Plan
Develop a 5-day unit plan that integrates vocabulary, reading, grammar, writing, listening and speaking, and technology, for the “Class Profile” students, choosing either the resource or self-contained learning environment. In a typical resource or self-contained learning environment the teacher would differentiate for every student. For this assignment, choose three students for whom you will differentiate the instruction. Align your unit to a 6-12 grade level ELA standard from the Arizona or another state academic content standards.
Design the unit plan to include:
- National/State Learning Standards: Select standards that address reading, writing, speaking, and listening integration skills.
- Multiple Means of Representation: Select strategies that allow opportunities to develop oral and written language for students with disabilities. Incorporate individual abilities, interests, learning environments, and cultural and linguistic factors in the section.
- Multiple Means of Engagement: Select strategies to enhance language development and communication skills.
- Multiple Means of Expression: Use technically sound formal and informal assessment.
- Extension Activity and/or Homework: Incorporate activities that include critical thinking and problem-solving.
- In the Differentiation rows of the unit plan template focus on the three students you selected.
Part 2: Rationale
In 250-500 words rationale at the bottom of your unit plan, explain the following:
- How literacy skills from your lesson plan will be helpful for students in other content areas.
- How communication and language arts strategies prepare students and provide them strategies to be successful academically and personally across multiple settings with a variety of collaborators (e.g., individuals, families, and teams).
Support your findings with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
College of Education (COE) program competencies and national standards assessed in the benchmark assignment:
Select and use technically sound formal and informal assessments that minimize bias. [CEC 4.1, ICSI.4.K1, ICSI.4.K2, ICSI.4.K4. ICSI.4.S1, ICSI.4.S5, ICSI.4.S8, IGC.4.K1, IGC.4.S1, IGC.4.S2, IGC.4.S3, IGC.4.S4, IGC.5.S13; InTASC 6(a), 6(b), 6(h), 6(j), 6(k); GCU Mission Critical 2, 3, 5]
Consider individual abilities, interests, learning environments, and cultural and linguistic factors in the selection, development, and adaptation of learning experiences for individuals with exceptionalities. [CEC 5.1, ICSI.5.S8, ICSI.5.S15, IGC.5.K1, IGC.5.S7, IGC.5.S23, IGC.5.S24; InTASC 1(b), 2(d), 5(f), 6(v), 8(s), 9(h); GCU Mission Critical 2, 3, 4, 5]
Use strategies to enhance language development and communication skills of individuals with exceptionalities. [CEC 5.4, ICSI.5.K2, ICSI.5.S19, IGC.5.S13, IGC.5.S14, IGC.5.S16, IGC.5.S17, IGC.5.S18, IGC.5.S19, IGC.5.S23, IGC.5.S24; InTASC 2(e); GCU Mission Critical 1, 4]
Develop and implement a variety of education and transition plans for individuals with exceptionalities across a wide range of settings and different learning experiences in collaboration with individuals, families, and teams. [CEC 5.5, ICSI.5.S8, ICSI.5.S8, ICSI.5.S15ICSI.5.S17, ICSI.5.S19, IGC.5.K1, IGC.5.K3, IGC.5.K8, IGC.5.S1, IGC.5.S2, IGC.5.S11 IGC.5.S23, IGC.5.S24; InTASC 7(b), 7(e); GCU Mission Critical 1, 2, 4, 5]
Teach cross-disciplinary knowledge and skills such as critical thinking and problem solving to individuals with exceptionalities. [CEC 5.7, ICSI.5.S14, ICSI.5.S15, ICSI.5.S16, IGC.5.S3, IGC.5.S10; InTASC 5(a), 7(h); GCU Mission Critical 1, 2, 4]