2. Write three abbreviated body paragraphs, using the PIE format: (Point, Illustration A, Illustration B and Explanation).
POINT: What is the problem presented by the quote? (1 sentence)
IllUSTRATION A: Write how the author presents the quote-summary. (1-2 sentences)
ILLUSTRATION B: Insert the quotation with page number. (1-2 lines)
EXPLANATION: Why is the point or quote a problem? (1-2 sentences)
3. In this PIE formula, do not write the words “I, you, us, we, and me.” These words are considered informal or non-academic. Instead use people, society, student, reader, person, or individual. Make sure that the PIE structure is typed, using the MLA format.
1. Make sure you have a MLA format. If at this stage you don’t know what that is, click on the link on the syllabus or homework assignment to watch the video before writing the homework.
2. Single space the homework.
3. Your only font is Times New Roman,12.
4. Make sure you have your last name and page number on the right side in the header.
5. Make sure you have the standard MLA format on the left side top right of the paper with your name, my name, class name, and date: day first, month second, and year last: 21 February 2020.
6. The title is Reflection 1, 2, 3 etc.
7 A. Make sure your point states what problem is presented in the quote.
B. Make sure your explanation says why the quote is a problem.
8. Make sure to read the essay before writing to have clear points and explanations.