BCO115 Financial Markets Task brief & rubrics
Financial Markets Summative Assignment
BCO 224 Financial Markets
Assignment: The assignment is worth 40% of your marks for this course
Deadline and submission: Your assignment must be submitted via Turnitin on Moodle before 23:59 on Friday 6th March 2020.
Word count: Your presentation and executive memo are individual and should be uploaded in Moodle using Turnitin. Avoid any “copy-paste” practice to prevent possible problems of plagiarism. Presentation should be between 15 and 20 slides, and executive memory should be between 2,000 and 2,250 words, excluding references.
Title: Follow a public traded stock and analyse the changes in stock price. Write a presentation and an executive memo of your findings. Choose one of the following companies:
2) Walt Disney
4) Estée Lauder
5) Las Vegas Sands
6) Marriott International
7) Yum China Holdings
In your presentation you should:
1) Describe graphically the trend of the stock prices during the last 4 months and, in more detail, during the las 3 weeks.
2) Explain the observed trends
3) Relate these trends to relevant contextual information (example: public health crisis in China)
4) Regarding this context, briefly forecast the changes in prices for the next month.
In your executive memo you should:
1) Explain your findings based on the information contained in the presentation. The presentation of these findings must be clear and useful to inform decision making.
2) Make business recommendations based on these findings.
“An executive memory is a short document that aims to inform management or decision makers about any issues in connection with the business (projects and project developments) that would need approval with the management.”
Graphical description 10
Correct explanation of price trends 15
Relevant findings and recommendations 25
Connection to relevant contextual information 25
Verbal explanations are complete, clear and backed with relevant data 10
Conclusions are clear, and logical 10
Harvard referencing system used 2.5
Essay is in required word range (1000, 1250 words) 2.5