Using evidence as described below, discuss the changes in the status of people of color and immigrants in the Northwest in the late 20th century. Why did their status change/not change?
You MUST use evidence from the following sources in completing the assignment:
– from http://video.kcts9.org/video/2365068345/ or Taylor
– from at least ONE of the following: https://bc.instructure.com/courses/1864330/files/127686738/download?verifier=jvtpTYHR4fU6dM3iecHNFIsN4H5D7hiuJyyY5j5G&wrap=1, http://crosscut.com/2011/10/how-asian-americans-finally-moved-beyond-id/ , https://crosscut.com/2011/12/a-new-world-in-south-king-county, https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/19/us/politics/yakima-washington-racial-differences-2020-elections.html
The following are the requirements for the assignment:
- Your answer should be between half a page and one page in length, typed double space.
- You MUST use evidence from the required reading and you MUST provide citations in the text of your homework to the evidence you are using to support your response to the question.
- Watch for incorrect grammar, spelling, etc. The quality and clarity of your writing will play a role in the grade you earn on assignments.
- Use PAST TENSE! (but don’t change quotes).
- Don’t use your personal voice: E.g. avoid “I think” or “in my opinion.”
– Use where paraphrasing weakens the idea.
– Not too long – keep to 2 lines or less.
– All quotes should have a transition or introduction – they can’t just be inserted in a paragraph as a standalone sentence.