As the executive learning and development director for a midsized global petroleum organization, you have been asked by the chief human resources officer (CHRO) to create a report on how you envision the design of a new leadership program for the organization’s 50 management and executives in leadership teams across four different departments: sales, marketing, finance, and engineering. These teams span three countries: the United States, Canada, and Mexico. In your report, please include the elements below.
- Include an introductory paragraph with the name of your fictitious company, where the home office is located (you choose this), how long the company has been in business, and some background information. Do not use the name of or information about a real company.
- Discuss your leadership development strategy, and give a vision to this strategy. For example, what are the outcomes of having a leadership development program for the organization?
- Discuss how you plan to assess leadership capabilities.
- Explain two to three assessment tools that you will use to identify leadership capabilities for each department.
- Explain two to three leadership development methods for each department, taking into consideration cultures in each region—the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- Then, conclude your report by describing the benefits that a formal leadership development program will have on the organization. For example, explain why a leadership development program is important and how it enhances the organization’s competitiveness.