Human Resource Management homework help. Assignment : Implementing a Health IT System
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Select a health care setting within which to implement an electronic medical record product. Be as specific as possible.
- Examples of health care delivery settings are as follows: a small community hospital, a rural primary care clinic, a home health agency, a medical unit within a correctional facility, a large multi-facility urban hospital system, or a specialty physician’s office such as oncology or endocrinology.
- Consider choosing a setting that you currently work in or would like to work in later on in your career.
- Describe this health care setting, the patient population it serves, the volume of patients that it serves, the needs of the setting, etc.
- Identify a health care information system to meet the needs of this facility. Is there a vendor who offers such a system, or is a custom solution needed? Provide details.
- Include the all necessary elements in the proposal:
- Capabilities of the system, how the system aligns with the needs of the health care facility, initial and maintenance costs of the system, staff needs to support the system, the timeline and plan for implementation of the system, the strategy for introducing staff to the system, getting buy-in and cooperation, providing training, and how privacy, security, and confidentiality will be maintained.
- Identify three to five (3-5) potential barriers in implementing the system and describe how you would work around those barriers.
- (3) quality resources to use in this Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting guidelines:
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Propose healthcare information systems for a facility in terms of setting, constituents’ needs, and mitigation of barriers.