- Many different threats can arise to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data-at-rest, data-in-transit, and processing. Some threats may affect only 1 of these security risks (like confidentiality only), and other threats affect more than 1 or even all these risks. Create a 1- to 2-page table in Microsoft Word identifying a minimum of 6 threats using the column headers and details below:
- Threat to Type of Data
- Mitigation Suggestion
- Within your table:
- Identify relevant threats. List 1 per column.
- Determine the type of data threatened (data-at-rest, data-in-transit, or processing). Identify the data type in the column.
- Determine if confidentiality, integrity, or availability was affected. Use the labels C, I, and/or A in the column.
- Describe the mitigation plan in 2 to 3 sentences in the column.
- Example: Threat: Password Compromise Threat to Type of Data: Data-At-Rest Confidentiality/Integrity/Availability: C & I Mitigation: Employ a strong password that is changed at regular intervals. Do not share your password or write it down on sticky notes on your desk. Include a short paragraph that highlights 2 access control techniques or policies that enforce security. Cite at least 2 resources to support your assignment. Format your assignment according to APA guidelines. Submit your assignment. Resources
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar and Writing Guides
- Copyright 2020 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
Use this space to build your submission.
You can add text, images, and files.Add Content