Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 2, 3, and 4 in the textbook, view the IT Networks (Links to an external site.) video, and review any relevant information in this week’s lecture.
As part of your IT Proposal final assignment in Week Six, you will create a high-level diagram of the major elements that are required for implementing your proposed information system solution. This assignment will prepare you for that part of the IT Proposal. Review the instructions provided in the Week Six IT Proposal to begin thinking about how your proposal will address this topic.
- In this assignment, you will analyze the IT building blocks of IBM. You will distinguish among the hardware and software, telecommunications and networking, and data resources used to support the business. In addition to your required sources for the assignment, research a minimum of one additional credible source on IBM’s IT infrastructure. (Access the MISM Credible Resource Guide (Links to an external site.) for assistance with finding appropriate credible professional resources.) It may be difficult to find specific information on an organization’s IT infrastructure. However, you can make assumptions based on your own observations, your understanding of the Week Two course concepts, and your research. Include the following elements in your paper supporting your statements with evidence from your sources.
- Create an assessment of the IT building blocks for IBM.
- Develop a high-level diagram of the major building blocks used by the organization.
- Provide an analysis of how the major building blocks are being used.
- Explain how each building block is essential to the business.
- Evaluate the issues inherent to IBM’s current IT operations, and provide a possible alternative.
The IT Building Blocks paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages (600-900 words) i