You have been hired as an IT Security Specialist for a company called LOTR Experience. The leadership at LOTR has recently expressed concerns over various possible security issues. They would like you to be “a new set of eyes” and lead the efforts to review their current security protocols. As an expert in this field, your first task involves assessing NAC and providing a high-level assessment to leadership.
- Analyze NAC Best Practices and how these can be detrimental to LOTR, outlining goals for the following areas:
- Endpoint security.
- Direct login.
- Remote access.
- Determine what type of mechanisms will be used to enforce and monitor NAC controls and the frequency with which these should be implemented.
- After assessing the LOTR Network Design, outline five potential issues related to NAC that you see in the network’s overall design (high-level overview).
- Describe any operational risks that could affect business processes.
- Describe the consequences of a threat or vulnerability to the infrastructure.
- Recommend network changes that will implement the proper NAC controls.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.