Looking Ahead and Expectations
In this introductory reflection journal, read through the below course outcomes for this class and think about how these concepts relate to who you have been in the past, who you are now, and who you plan to be. How do you apply these ideas in your life currently and how do you think you will apply them in the future?
6 Course Outcomes
- Explain the historical, philosophical, and empirical foundations of the field of organizational psychology and the psychology of leadership.
- Summarize the major tenets of pre-modernism, modernism, and post-modernism as they apply to the field of psychology.
- Evaluate how the history of organizational psychology has helped to shape important contemporary psychological theories and issues of leadership and leading organizations.
- Discuss the relevance of issues of diversity as they are related to the history of the psychology of leadership, with particular emphasis on how diversity issues have been handled historically and how people from diverse backgrounds have struggled in gaining influence in the field.
- Compare and contrast psychological theories of leadership in order to determine their foundational philosophical assumptions and values.
- Develop critical comparative skills in order to determine important similarities and differences in the various approaches to the psychology of leadership.
Please feel free to freewrite your ideas here as though you were composing a journal entry. While good writing habits, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization are always useful in conveying clear messages, this is an opportunity to share your ideas in a more informal format.
Point Value: 2 Points
Weekly Learning Outcome Alignment: 1, 3
Course Learning Outcome Alignment: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6
Submit Assignment Instructions (Links to an external site.)
Submit your completed journal using the Submit Assignment button above.