Management homework help.
In this project, you will create your own set of direction setting documents for a business you want to own or be a part of in the future.
The beginning of the strategic planning process is to set the organization’s direction. This is a senior leadership task. While various terms may be utilized, an organization must capture and record why it exists, where it is headed and what guiding values are critical to successfully achieve its future state.
Be sure to complete preparation assignments 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4.
- Computer with an internet connection
- Keynote or PowerPoint software
- Think about your ideal business for the future, the one you want to own or be a part of. Develop sample Vision, Mission and guiding values statements for your organization.
- For each statement, your vision, your mission, and your guiding values, describe why you have chosen the content. Why is this content important to you?
- Analyze your three statements using the following questions:
- Why is your organization in business? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- Where is your organization headed? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- What does your organization do? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- What values do they believe in? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- Are the documents inspiring? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- Develop an audio-visual presentation including images, text, and narration using Keynote or PowerPoint. Your presentation should include the following:
- Your sample Vision, Mission and guiding values (Be sure to present your sample direction setting documents in an energetic and motivating manner demonstrating your passion for the content.)
- A description of why you chose the content you did for each statement
- Your analysis of your three direction setting statements utilizing the questions in #3 above
Adding Audio to Keynote Slides
Week 1 project requires adding an audio narration to your slides. If you are using Keynote please watch the video tutorial: Make a narrated video in Keynote 2013. This video tutorial for the 2013 version of Keynote works exactly the same for the newest version of Keynote.
Adding Audio Narration Using PowerPoint:
If you are using Powerpoint as your presentation software, watch the LinkedIn Learning video Adding audio, part of Learning PowerPoint 2016 by John Garrick Chow.
All LAFS students have access to LinkedIn Learning (formerly called Lynda.com). If you are asked to sign up for a “Free Trial,” do not use the Free Trial option, instead just sign in using your LA Film email address.)
- Your Keynote or PowerPoint Video should be named as follows: LastName_FirstInitial_AssignmentTitle (i.e.: McDermott_R_DirectionSetting)
- Upload your presentation to the Completion box below.