Create 20–25 note cards (one fact per card) with information from your research. Give each card a heading. Note the source number and the page number for each paraphrase, summary, or quotation. Then, make stacks that categorize the different kinds of information. Which information is most relevant to support the ideas in your paper? Which information does not fit in? Do you need more of a certain topic? If so, then do more research and make more cards. Throw out any information that you cannot use.
1. Include 20-25 sources
2. Create one fact for each source
3. Label each source with a key word or phrase.
4. Write the number of the number of the source at the top for each
5. Paraphrase, summarize, or quote key information
6. Write the page number(s) at the bottom (if applicable)