Mechanical Engineering homework help. Paper details
Step 1: Select only ONE of the following two options:
Option 1: Design a system safety program plan for one of your own organization’s work systems, or for an organization with which you are familiar.
Option 2: Design a system safety program plan for a bulk tank railcar off-loading facility for hydrocarbon products that has the following features:
- one railcar switch located next to an interstate highway,
- capacity to off-load liquid hydrocarbon products,
- two 500,000 gallon bulk liquid storage tanks for liquid hydrocarbon products,
- two diaphragm pumps with piping between the off-loading station and the bulk liquid storage tanks,
- one off-loading station (single-sided) that is elevated 12 feet from the ground, and
- one switch engine for staging railcars at the off-loading station and at railcar storage tracks.
Step 2: Then, using the CSU APA style example paper as a formatting guide (including title page, abstract, body, and reference page) linked here, include the following:
Design a minimum of a seven page system safety program plan with a minimum of five scholarly sources (books and articles, and at least one from the CSU Online Library) using the following level one headings:
- Defined Objectives
- System Description
- Hazard Identification
- Hazard Analysis
- Risk Evaluation
- Hazard Controls
- Verification of Controls
- Risk Acceptance
- Safety Control Structure Diagram (see these instructions in the paragraph below)
- Planned Periodic System Review
Design a safety control structure diagram for your work system, and embed it within your system safety program plan as the content for your ninth level one heading. Use Figure 6.2 on page 193 in your textbook of an ammonia fill station as an example. Notice that the designed controls within this example structure are the level indicators, control valves, and relief valves.