College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
|Course Name: Entrepreneurship and Small Business||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: – MGT 402||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 1440/1441 H|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Department of Business Administration
Entrepreneurship and Small Business – MGT 402
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the potential of entrepreneur in today’s competitive business world. (Lo 1.2).
- Demonstrate ability to think independently and systematically on developing a viable business model (Lo 1.3 & 3.7).
- Understand the place of small business in history and explore the strengths and weaknesses of small business. (Lo 1.1).
Assignment – 1
Assignment Instructions and Approach:
- Login to Saudi Digital Library (SDL).
- Click on “Open Access” The search engine page will open
- In search engine of SDL write the following title as keyword and click search button.
“PKC Laundries: a start-up business at the crossroads”
- Open the research article, read it thoroughly and answer the assignment questions.
- Besides this research paper use other relevant material also to support your answers.
- Support your submission with further scientific references.
- Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines
- Critically analyze the Problems faced by the young entrepreneurs and strategies to overcome those problems. (Marks 2)
- Discuss the challenges of PKC as an aggregator business and the scope of what PKC can do in the future to strengthen its position. (Marks 2)
- Discuss the various marketing management issues such as segmenting, targeting and positioning? (Marks 1)