Appendix G – Spiritual / Praying
- Give examples
- Cite resources
- Give the questions some thought and answer honestly
- Number your answers to correspond with the question
- Describe a time spirituality was important in your life or that of someone you love or cared for (e.g., family member, friend, patient). Why was it meaningful in that situation?
- What would you do if a patient asked you to pray with them or read the Bible or another holy book he/she might have at the bedside? How would this request make you feel? Would you experience any conflict if you were a different faith than the patient? Explain your answer.
- There is something called scripting which is having something written and memorized for difficult situations. Write a prayer or spiritual message you could use in the above situation. Explain why you chose those words.