- Read Are You Throwing Money in the Trash? Occupational Risks, Environmental Hazards and Operational Inefficiencies in Waste Management are a Triple Threat to your Bottom Line.
- Read Exploring the Value of Risk Management for Projects: Improving Capability Through the Deployment of a Maturity Model.
- Watch PMP® | Introduction | Project Quality Management (Links to an external site.).
For this class, the Final Project Management Plan final project will apply toward Folio. Be sure to upload your management plan to Folio once you have completed it and share a link in your submission, in addition to uploading it to Waypoint to be graded. Learn more about Folio, Ashford’s ePortfolio tool, by viewing the Folio Quick Start Guide (Links to an external site.).
As the project manager for International Logistics Services’ (ILS) new logistics services in your selected country, you have previously completed a project charter and elements of a project management plan (PMP). In this final assignment for the project management portion of this course, you will develop a complete PMP using your work from the prior two weeks and new work for Week 3.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review prior assignments, including instructor feedback, discussions, reading, and your research.
To complete the Final Project Management Plan, you may modify the previously submitted scope baseline, schedule baseline, and the project budget. Then, develop a final plan for submission to the director of logistics services (DLS), the country business development manager, the country human resources manager, and the project team.
In your Final Project Management Plan,
- Appraise your Week 2 project scope. (Include the final scope in this PMP.)
- Appraise your Week 2 project schedule. (Include the final schedule in this PMP, and include an appendix showing the detailed schedule in ProjectLibre and copied to a PDF file).
- Appraise your Week 2 project budget. (Include the final project budget in this PMP, and include an appendix showing the detailed budget in an appendix, whether in ProjectLibre—if in ProjectLibre, copy to a PDF file—or MS Excel.)
- Discuss your leadership approach for this project bearing in mind the culture of the country the newly acquired logistics service is in.
- Recommend an approach to allocate human resources to the project and any trade-offs with day-to-day operations.
- Describe the solutions to improve operations, reduce waste and costs, and ensure a safe work environment and contribution to protecting the planet.
- Create a risk management plan.
- Describe your approach to ensure high quality results are delivered.
- Describe how change control will be managed going forward.
- Summarize the PMP for senior leadership.
- Include solutions that may appeal to Walmart.
Again, use the discussions and assignments in Weeks 1 and 2 to complete the Final Project Management Plan. Take the opportunity to improve prior work based on feedback from the instructor and your own appraisal.
Assume that the proposal outlined in the Proposal for New Project Requirements Role-Play discussion forum this week was deferred.
The Final Project Management Plan paper
- Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length (not including appendixes, title, and references pages and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource. APA Style headings should be included for each item.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to