The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation longitudinal study of newly licensed and employed RNs found that nationally 17.5 % of newly Licensed AA RNs left their job in their first year of employment; 33.3% leave their first position by the second year. The Hospital will receive a higher insurance reimbursement rate if 75%of its nursing staff are RN BSN nurses. The Hospital has as two of its strategic goals to:
· Reduce new RN turnover by 20% year on year
· Achieve 50% conversion of new AA RNs to BSN RNs within 5 years
As part of this strategy the HR department policy will be changed that newly hired AA RNs must successfully complete an 8-week internship course as a condition of being hired. Furthermore, these AA RNs must be actively pursuing an RN to BSN program and complete the BSN within 5 years to sustain employment beyond 5 years. For planning purposes assume that MRMC will hire 20 AA RNs in May and 20 more in December to accommodate expected attrition and growth in hospital census.
Please address the following and justify your choices as competitive for Pinehurst NC:
1. Provide a brief background summary of MRMC (1 paragraph)
2. Background on living in the Pinehurst area. (1 paragraph)
3. A position or job description:
a. Duties and responsibilities
b. Qualifications including required items and optional but preferred items
c. License requirements
d. Assignment following successful completion
4. Compensation and Benefits specifically related to tuition reimbursement and incentives for RN to BSN training.
5. Budget and timeline for these programs
Write parsimoniously. Use correct grammar, spelling, and syntax.