Operations Management homework help. MGMT 2030 Operations Management
Operation management (OM) is mainly concerned with planning, organizing, directing and controlling all the activities of an organization which helps in converting raw materials and human efforts into valuable goods and services to satisfying customer needs. For this assignment you need to identify a product and brand and discuss the definitions of OM relative to your selected brand.
- What is your chosen organization or brand?
- What does the organization produce that is of value to their customers?
- How do the customers use the product or service?
- What are the main input materials that must be sourced (purchased) to make the goods or services? Name at least three.
- Describe the logistics function in the production of the goods or service?
- Provide a short synopsis (one paragraph) of the history of OM. Information is available at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operations_management