Literature Critique Instructions
Students will complete and submit a critique of an assigned literature. A modified version of the CONSORT (Consolidated Standards of Reporting Trials) 2010 checklist will be utilized to complete and grade this assignment. Total attainable points in this assignment is 45 points which accounts for 15% of the overall course grade. Students are highly encouraged to read “CONSORT 2010 Statement: Updated Guidelines for Reporting Parallel Group Randomized Trials.” and “CONSORT 2010 Explanation and Elaboration: updated guidelines for reporting parallel group randomized trials.” well in advance of the literature critique due date. These articles serve as a great resource aiding in the completion of this assignment. A link to these articles as well as other resources can be found below.
- CONSORT website: http://www.consort-statement.org/home/
- A useful resource for general background information regarding CONSORT
- Provides examples of good reporting
- Offers resources glossary of terminology, links to published literature, and more
- CONSORT 2010 Statement: Updated Guidelines for Reporting Parallel Group Randomized Trials. http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=745807
- CONSORT 2010 Explanation and Elaboration: updated guidelines for reporting parallel group randomized trials.