Social Science homework help. Youth and Society in the Developing World
Select one question from the list below.
- How useful is the transitional notion of youth? Discuss in the context of the World Development Report (WDR) 2007.
- To what extent is a youthful demography an opportunity for socio-economic transformation? Discuss with reference to one developing country.
- Is there validity to the claim that the youth bulge – i.e. a predominance of young people in society – increases the likelihood of violent conflict? Discuss with reference to one developing country.
- “Civil war is a not a stupid thing”. Discuss why youth participate in armed conflicts with reference to one developing country.
- Youth mirror, as are mirrored, by society in developing countries. Discuss using one developing country as a case study.
- Conceptions of leadership as “person” and as “position” devalue the role of youth in society. Discuss with reference to one developing context.