For this Assignment, you will run a discriminant analysis using the Week 6 Data File for Discriminant Analysis.sav. You will use “type” as the dependent variable.
To prepare for this Assignment, review Lesson 16A and Lessons 31–35 in your Green and Salkind (2017) text and Week 6 Assignment 2Template document. Consider how a discriminant analysis will allow you to answer your research questions effectively.
By Day 7
Submit a synthesis of statistical findings derived from discriminant analysis that follows the Week 6B Assignment Template. Your synthesis must include the following:
- An APA Results section for the multiple regression test [see an example in Lesson 35 of the Green and Salkind (2017) text].
- Only the critical elements of your SPSS output:
- A properly formatted research question
- A properly formatted H10 (null) and H1a (alternate) hypothesis
- A descriptive statistics narrative and properly formatted descriptive statistics table
- A properly formatted combined group plot
- An Appendix including the SPSS output generated for descriptive and inferential statistics
- An explanation of the differences and similarities of multiple regression analysis and discriminant analyses
Note: You will cut and paste the appropriate SPSS output into the Appendix. The SPSS output is not in APA format, so you will need to type the information from the SPSS output to the appropriate sections of the APA table. You must use the Week 6 Assignment 2 Template to complete this Assignment. Also, refer to the Week 6 Assignment 2 Rubric for specific grading elements and criteria. Your Instructor will use this rubric to assess your work.